Friday, June 01, 2007

Crazy Times

It's been a crazy 2 weeks around here with illness. Unfortunately we all had some sort of the flu over that time period. Poor Michael caught it first with a nasty stomach flu, and then Ava got the same thing. Fortunately I only carried a fever for a couple of days and felt tired, but I definitely got the lesser side of it. Michael and Ava were both out of commission for quite a few days. Thank goodness I didn't get it worse.. I was busy taking care of them.

Unfortunately, we had to miss the Iles memorial day picnic... And some other things that we were hoping to do over the last couple of weeks. We knew that the family was sad that we couldn't come, so as a consolation, we are posting video of Ava. It's not the same, but, hey... It's something! We took it a couple of weeks ago, right before all the sickness set in. :) She's a cutie and if I can just brag on my baby for a minute.... she's so smart! She picks things up so fast, I am usually shocked a some of the things I hear her saying when she's playing by herself. The other day she dropped a bowl of snacks and she immediately said, "Aw, Man!" She must have heard us say that at some point. :)
Anyway... she gets a little camera shy when she sees the camera, but I think we got some good stuff on the video.

In other news, Michael and I celebrated 4 years of marriage yesterday! Definitely the best 4 years of my life!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that made me laugh so hard my coworkers had to come over and watch it. I had tears in my eyes after the ABCD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! part. Oh man, that was hilarious.

Michael&Ally said...

OMG, that is SO CUTE!!! I didn't watch all of it b/c Niko heard it and started waking up. He misses Ava! Ava is so smart! In other news...I talked to a parent who has a 20 month yr old who is hearing 2 languages and he hasn't spoken yet! I wonder if that will be what Niko does...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing with the Iles family who surely missed you guys on Monday. Hope you guys are feeling better. Ava is such a cutie & really camera shy. Where did she get that from? It was really great to see her when she didn't think no one was watching b/c she is so shy around our big group. Come on our group could scare anyone especially a little one.
Love Aunt Sharon

Michael&Ally said...

Okay, we just showed Ava's video to Niko. He loved it! He was very excited and squealed at the video :)

Erik and Mary said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Can't believe how fast time goes! Ava is super comical! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ava is so cute and so smart! Congrats on your anniversary. You have a great little family. Hope to see you guys soon!

Amy Kappler

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful, you guys. I laughed after the ABCD AHHHHHHH, as well... absolutely adorable. It looks like you guys are having a fun time together (aside from the flu). Congratulations, also, on your anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Hey michael, mary and ava,
I just watched this adorable video. I am a little jealous that Landen is not saying his abc's or counting, well he doesn't get past two. Every number is two. Ava has gotten so big and she is beautiful. Jason and I are so excited for your addition as well. It sounds like we are all very fertile baby havin' people. We are so happy for your family. we need to plan a trip to come and visit. I am due in Aug. So maybe after the baby gets here. We can make the trip to Columbus. Well we can chat again soon. Call us!

Jason, Joy, Landen, and soon to be Blake