Friday, October 20, 2006

The Creek






Well, my wonderful wife let me go camping with my dad last weekend at the creek, and it was awesome. It was the most beautiful fall day we could have asked for, and the creek was crystal clear, and for those of you who have ever been to the creek, you know that doesn't happen often. Since my dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease last summer, I have tried to make a point to spend more quality time with him, and thankfully my wife is very encouraging and selfless in this effort. We had a great time hiking, canoeing, skipping rocks, and talking around the fire. He shared memories he had of him and his father, and I was thankful that we were there creating memories of our own. I love my dad, he's a good man. He has chosen not to complain about his illness, and as far as I have observed, he has kept an incredibly positive attitude. I respect him and love him so much, and I know that I am very blessed to have him as a father. I couldn't have had a more fun and relaxing time than I did. As always, I took a ton of pictures, and I hope you enjoy the ones posted here.

Michael

1 comment:

Michael&Ally said...

Isn't it amazing how people cope with illness? I remember my father never complaining once about his illness. I'm happy you got to spend time with your dad...cherish that time.