Monday, June 19, 2006

Busy Weekend






This past weekend was busy, but good. On Saturday we drove to southern Indiana to "the creek," the place where Michael's family has always gone camping. We only stayed for the day, but it was really fun. Michael has a lot of memories there; He was really excited to take Ava for the first time! Ava had fun hanging out with Grandma&Grandpa Iles, Aunt Amy, Aunt Debra, and Uncle Philip, even though she was a little grumpy at times.
On Sunday morning, she surprised her daddy with some Napoleon Dynamite gifts for his first fathers day. Then we went to Wyandot Lake, our 3rd attempt to see if Ava would like the water. She made lots of progress.. I think that it helped to have her daddy there. I think that she may have even enjoyed it for a couple of minutes! She didn't really cry, so it was a success! We had fun swimming with Julie, Jason, and the kids all afternoon.
Finally, Ava made her dad lasagna and apple pie for his father's day dinner... with a little help from her mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I laughed hard at that first picture of Ava. How adorable is she? Those big blue eyes! I love that she got Michael more Napoleon stuff. By the way, we saw "Nacho Libre" this past weekend, which was made by the same guy who did Napoleon. I laughed so hard I cried. I think you guys would like it! Love ya!