Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ava Hates Swimming


Tuesday morning my sister Julie, and I headed off to Wyandot Lake for the first time with the kids. I dressed Ava in her cute little bikini lathered her with sunscreen and proceeded to the kiddie area, excited to see how much fun she was gonna have splashing around in the water.. But, unfortunately, she seemed to hate it. Noah and Abbey, on the other hand were having a blast (as you can tell by their smiles and Ava's tears in the picture!)
If I even sprinkled water on her leg, she would scream. She spent most of the time glued to my shoulder, screaming with lots and lots of tears while I tryed to convince her that water is fun. I realized that in that moment I was the mom with the screaming kid. I had observed moms throughout my life in walmart, malls, parks, ect. who were struggling with their kids as they threw a fit. I would give them a look of pity as I went along on my way.. But for the first time I saw people giving me that look. :)
Let's hope that Ava learns to like Wyandot Lake.. Did I mention that I bought a season pass?....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

see Sorry to hear Ava hates the outdoor water park, but she will be fine after a few tries. Got the invivations yesterday they are great.Thanks for mailing them. Your Uncle & cousin was going to come & pick them up, so thanks a million for saving us a trip. We are trying to pack for vacation & getting the last minute details together on my niece's wedding for Saturday out of town. So I know you can relate.