Sunday, March 01, 2009

Sweet Ava


I wanted to share what my little Ava did one night last week, it was definitely one of the proudest moments of my life.

After the kids baths, we were all hanging out in Ava's room upstairs, when Jesse unexpectedly darted out of her room (the first time I have ever seen him run). He was running towards the steps, and to make a long story short- In the process of trying to catch him, I fell and cut my arm. (I did catch him, though, thankfully)

Afterward, I started crying, mostly from the trama of thinking Jesse was gonna fall down the steps (and maybe a little because it Really hurt!)

Ava was immediately worried and started wiping tears from my eyes saying, "your okay, don't cry mommy, you're okay." I assured her I was okay and went downstairs to get a bandage, leaving the kids with Michael.

About 60 seconds later Ava was at my side again, sympathizing for me, trying to help me with the band-aid, then she asked if there was anything she could do to help. (Very sweet and especially mature coming from a 3 year old!)

I told her that she could pray for my arm during her bed time prayers and that would be a big help.

Then, she placed her hand on my arm, and asked "can I pray for you right now mommy?"
Proudest. Moment. Ever

I watched my 3 year old close her eyes tightly, place her face in her hands, and pray for me. I smiled to myself when she said "thank you Jesus for my mom's boo-boo,"(she gets a little confused) And tried to hold back the tears when she very boldly prayed, "Jesus- please heal my mom!"

We've been praying for her since before she was born and have been teaching her about Jesus everyday, and recently we've been seeing her "get it." It is an amazing thing!

She is a typical 3 year old, that is for sure- fights with her brother, begs for candy, ect... But she can be so, so sweet and caring- We are so proud of her!

Playing outside in her Barbie bridal gown :)

Hangin out with her best friend Hannah, both dressed as Belle

1 comment:

Cilla said...

Ava is so adorable!! She must get all her charm and good looks from you Mary.