Wednesday, February 27, 2008

For Kerri and Steph

Since they both asked, I am supposed to list random stuff about myself .. random things, facts, habits or goals. They tagged me weeks ago, but blogging hasn't been happening much lately with a newborn :)

Here goes:

I like art.. I was actually pretty good at it in school and had considered taking that route in college (teaching art or art therapy), but changed my mind. Now..since Michael is an artist, I find myself not doing anything with it since he is the "professional" :) Usually if we do something at our house that is creative, people immediately think it's his idea, when at least half the time it's mine.

It drives me crazy when metal scrapes metal... Such as stirring brownie mix in a metal bowl with a metal spoon. Yikes, just the thought makes me feel ill. Michael thinks this is the strangest quirk, but I just can't help it.

I sometimes put katsup in spagghetti or rigatoni.. do other people do that?

Arrogance is my pet peeve.. It absolutely drives me crazy.

I don't mind folding laundry, but for some reason I dread putting it away...which is weird because it only takes like 5 minutes?

I love hanging out with my hubby. Even when he sends me out to spend time for myself, I usually rush home, so I can still have time to hang out with him. Thankfully, after almost 5 years married, he's completely my best friend.

I can be overly protective of my kids... I'm always worried about about them getting hurt. Ava is 2 1/2 and and I still watch her go up and down the steps. Maybe that's normal? I just love them a lot and try to protect them as much as I can.

I love Lost- the show so much that I usually have a difficult time falling asleep afterwards because I am trying to guess what's going to happen on next week's episode. Wow, I'm a dork.

This is the first time that I can remember that I am not really excited about any candidate running for president..what a bummer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I did learn something! I don't think I knew that metal thing. I'll try to remember that for the next time you come visit and I'm slaving in the kitchen over brownies. :) Love you!! I'll call you next Tuesday. (How's that for a specific time?)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing this. I loved reading it! I didn't know the thing about art; that is so interesting. And I'm not excited about the presidential election either - definitely a bummer this year...

Anonymous said...

I also don't think i knew that you call it "katsup". :)

michael and mary said...

Yeah, the whole "Katsup" was do relying too much on spell check and letting them fix all of my typos without really paying too close attention. I think I'll leave it.. just to drive Kerri crazy. You love it when people misspell in emails don't you?! :) (Brian?)

Michael&Ally said...

I didn't know about the art thing, either! I'm probably guilty of giving Michael credit, haha.